Hey everyone. This is Jeremy and for today I have hijacked the blog.
After nearly 5 years of studying, the last two years of which I have been studying 8pm to Midnight and 4:00am to 6:00am EVERY DAY, I am finally a CPA. To say I'm relieved is a huge understatement.
I know it's been as hard on Kyllie as it was on me and I could never thank her enough for the understanding and patience she's shown in letting me studying those hours.
That's all I really had to say, just wanted to pass on the news.
Friday, April 03, 2009
Hey everyone. This is Jeremy and for today I have hijacked the blog.
Posted by kyllie at 11:00 AM
Saturday, February 14, 2009
We were up before Jeremy left for work this morning, so we went ahead and let Sara open her Valentine's present from us so she could enjoy it today. So here are some sweet pictures of my little girl opening her Valentine's present:
We've just finished eating breakfast and are sitting here watching Sara's new Winnie the Pooh DVD, and it's not even nine o'clock yet! It's been a busy morning! And I'm just waiting for my breakfast to wear off so I can bust open the BIG box of assorted chocolates that Jeremy got me :)
I hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day!!
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
We decided to get a 4D ultrasound done this time around, and I'm so glad we did! It was so fun to get to see our little guy again and get a glimpse of his sweet little face, and start making guesses at who he looks like. Here are a few of the best shots we got:
Here is his sweet face. This was the first shot we got, and it turned out to be the best ones, b/c after this I think he figured out what was going on and decided to move his hand/elbow over his face for the rest of the time.
We did get some really good shots of his feet and legs, of course he was kicking them all over the place too!
And here's a good shot of his arm, hand, and fingers(yes I counted them :)
I know it's been forever since I posted any new pictures or an update on Sara. She is doing great, growing and soaking up everything. I amazed everyday at something she says or does. We are slowly working on potty training and it's going. Ideally I'd like to have her trained before the baby gets here, but I've also heard of kids regressing after a big life change, like a new baby, so we're just kind of playing by ear right now.
We've also had a little progress in our bonus room, which I'll post pictures of soon, and all the new bedding is in, so now it's time to pick out paint.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Woohoo! I'm under the 100 day mark! I can't believe I'm almost in my last trimester, this pregnancy has really flown by, way faster than my first. I go in this Friday for my glucose test, and may possibly schedule an ultrasound. We didn't get a 4D ultrasound done with Sara, but I am seriously considering it this time. Also, let me just say, this kid moves ALL the time! Almost to the point where I find myself asking, is this normal?? I just take it as a good sign that everything is good and healthy, and he's just a happy baby :)
Also we have some progress on our house--our bonus room is getting sheet rock today!! I really can't believe it's finally getting finished! For those of you who don't know, we've been saying we were going to finish it since before Sara was born, but the timing was never right, or we just didn't have the money. But now we don't really have a choice. Our extra bedroom, has been a catch-all room for a while, and has turned into to Jeremy's music room(which will all be moved up to the bonus room),and we are planning on turning that room into Sara's new room and keep the nursery the same, with some new paint and furniture. I ordered both the kid's new bedding over the weekend.
Here is Sara's:
And here is Sam's:
I can't wait to get started painting and decorating their rooms!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Ok, I've been tagged by Anna(Thanks Anna! :) to list five of my addictions and pass it on to five more people, so here we go:
1. Sweet Tea-I'm sure this is no big surprise for those who've been to dinner with me a few times, I LOVE sweet tea! It is good thing I was born in the South, b/c there is not one day that goes by that I don't have a BIG glass of sweet tea, or several glasses. I've been trying to cut back some during this pregnancy, b/c I know the caffeine & sugar aren't great for the baby, but the doctor says everything in moderation is ok. So let's just say I'm working really hard on moderating ;)
2. Chocolate-Ok, so my first two are about food, what can I say? Chocolate is another thing that I can never get enough of, candy, brownies, fudge, cake, pies, cookies, the list could go on. I have to have a chocolate fix of some kind everyday, along with a cold glass of milk.
3. Magazines-Ever since I was old enough to start reading magazines like, Teen Beat, and Tiger Beat, I have been addicted to them! I got my first subscription around 14 to Teen Magazine, and have been going non-stop since. I currently have 4-5 subscriptions right now, however I am letting a couple of them run out b/c I no longer have as much time as I used to, to read them. Also, my addiction seems to have moved over into catalogs too, I have no idea how many I get, but I know it's a lot, I can't tell you how many times a week Jeremy asks me where they are all coming from! (And yes, I do recycle :)
4. Blogs-I love reading about other people, hearing their stories, reading about their lives, etc., it's so addicting. And you also get to know some great people in the process, or get know others better than you normally would. And I have found great decorating ideas, recipes, book recommendations, and all sorts of other things from them. Honestly, I probably spend way more time than I should reading them, but when you start clicking around, it's so hard to stop!
5. My Family-Totally addicted. I love spending as much time as I can with them. I love having nights at home when it's just Jeremy, Sara and I, and we're just goofing off and playing around, or cuddling on the couch watching a movie. I soak up every minute with them, but somehow it never seems to be enough.
Ok, I tag Sunny, Dawn, Ashley T., Ashley B., and Alisha. Have Fun! :)
Monday, January 19, 2009
Here is the ultrasound picture of our little guy, that I said I would post over a month ago. I know, poor thing, already suffering from being the second child. However, it did take us a lot longer to decide on a name this time around. With Sara, we had her name, along with a boy name picked out, way before we knew what we were having. This time around, we had no definite girl name picked out, and still had our old boy name, from the first time around. And when we found out it was a boy, I think we both assumed we would use the name we had picked out from 2 years ago, but we both started second guessing it, so we started throwing around other names, and finally narrowed it down to two that we both liked and would be happy with either way. So, I let Jeremy make the final decision, one because it was boy, and I liked the idea of him being named by his father, and two, I'm incredibly indecisive :) His name: Samuel Ray Carter. We really fell in love with the name Samuel, or Sam, as we plan to call him, for lots of reasons, but mainly b/c it's such a strong name. His middle name is after Jeremy, and it's also the middle name of both his, Grandaddy(my dad) and Papa(Jeremy's dad).
Also, we've started work on our bonus room, so I'm hoping it won't be too much longer till it's finished and I can get started on Sara's big girl room and Sam's nursery. We've already bought his furniture and the store is holding it b/c we don't have anywhere to put it right now, and I think I've almost got the bedding narrowed down, but again, I'm ridiculously indecisive, so I may let Jeremy make the call on that too :)
So there's my update, it only took me 19 days into the new year. I'm really going to try to be better :)
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
I'm sitting here getting ready to leave to go out for New Year's Eve and thought I needed to post something to wrap up 2008. It's been a good year for us, we've watched our baby turn into a toddler, welcomed our first nephew, and learned we will be welcoming our second child in 2009(funny how all of my great memories of this year revolve around kids :) So with that we are definitely looking forward to what 2009 has in store for us!
Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting any Christmas pictures, and believe me, I have plenty! I've been kind of lazy on my days off and have been soaking up all the time I could with Sara, so here's one last picture for 2008, our family on Christmas Eve night:
I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!