Friday, September 08, 2006

TGIF

I know this has been a short week for everyone, since most people had Monday off work for Labor Day, but it has taken forever for Friday to get here and it’s the start of another busy weekend for us. I guess that’s what we get for having a baby during football season—football season in Alabama.

Here is a preview of our upcoming weekend (and some highlights from last weekend):

After work we will make the drive to Crossville to watch my youngest brother play, this will be the first time we have seen him play this year, b/c some genius scheduled their first game (last week) on a Saturday at the same time as Alabama’s opener. I am really excited to see him play tonight, this is the first year he has started and he is supposedly one of the biggest guys on the team, he really grew up a lot this summer!

Tomorrow morning we will be getting up at some ungodly hour and head down to Tuscaloosa for Alabama’s SEC opener against Vandy. I have listed the games and my picks (with some input from Jeremy) for all of the SEC Teams for this week:

SEC Games for Week 2
(picks in bold)

Vanderbilt @ Alabama
Arkansas vs. Utah State
4 Auburn @ Mississippi State
8 LSU vs. Arizona State
11 Tennessee vs. Air Force
7 Florida vs. Central Florida
Ole Miss vs. Missouri
Kentucky vs. Texas State
12 Georgia @ South Carolina

Looks like the SEC should have no problem this week, with the exception of Vandy, Miss St., and South Carolina, who play other SEC teams.

We will be coming back to Huntsville after the game Saturday and going back to Crossville on Sunday for our baby shower. I am really looking forward to shower and hoping that most of friends from high school will get to be there, I haven’t seen some of them in forever, and also my cousin Heather will be bringing her new baby boy, Luke, who will be almost 2 weeks old.

Sunday evening after we get home, we will start putting together the crib! I am so excited, now I can finally get the nursery put together and organized (and post pictures!).

And as promised here are some highlights from last weekend. We went to Alabama’s opener vs. Hawaii, it was the first game played in the newly renovated Bryant-Denny Stadium. Picture credits go to Alison and Jeremy (I was to lazy to pick up the camera).

















1 comments:

Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Love to all.....