Friday, September 21, 2007

I Love Fall


Fall is one of my favorite times of the year! The weather starts to cool off from the extreme heat we have in the summers, football season starts, and it's my birthday season! And now another reason to love fall, it's Sara's birthday season too! I have always loved the time of year my birthday was in, the weather was just right(although it was sometimes a bummer b/c I could never have a swim party)and it was during the school year, so you were always around your friends, and having an October birthday meant you were one of the oldest in your class, so getting to be the first to claim being a teenager, the first to get your license, and the first to turn 18 was always fun, even though now that I am getting older, it's not always so fun to be the oldest ;) But I still love it! And I really hope Sara loves it as much as I do. I am glad she waited until October to come out, b/c she was really close to being a September baby, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with September and at the time I would have been happy with whenever she chose to come out, but I really did have my heart set on October. So in a little bit over a week my little pumpkin will celebrate her first fall birthday :)

Another reason mentioned about why I love fall: Football Season! I love football and have been going to football games for as long as I can remember. In high school I went to every game, and my Saturdays were usually spent with my dad watching Alabama play. And now, I still attend most of my high school's football games to watch my youngest brother play(he's senior this year, so weird). And my Saturdays are still spent cheering on the Tide, although now it's from the stands, luckily I married into an Alabama football lovin' family! Bama is off to a 3-0 start, after one of the most intense Bama games I have sat through, and so far this season looks promising, and it's definitely a step in the right direction for one of college football's top teams, who hasn't been at the top in quite a while.

0 comments: