Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Oops!

Funny story: I locked Jeremy out of the bedroom last night!!

Let's start from the beginning. Jeremy snores, breathes loud, or whatever you want to call it, and it causes me major problems in falling asleep. I have trouble falling asleep at night anyway, b/c that's when all of my thoughts hit me, so it might take me 30 minutes or so after lying down to actually drift off to sleep, where as Jeremy falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow and immediately starts his snoring. So most nights begin with me telling him to roll over(he starts out on his back, knowing in 2 seconds I'll tell him to roll over), and then he quickly falls asleep and then I begin a series of loudly telling him he's snoring and the occasional pat, ok maybe more like a slap, on the back. I eventually fall asleep some hour or more later. We've tried nose strips, throat spray, and I even wear ear plugs on a occasion, nothing has seemed to help.

So, lately Jeremy has been staying up a little later than me studying for his exam, so I've been able to go to bed a good 30 minutes to an hour before him and fall asleep quietly and easily, and even on nights he's done studying he will sit up a little later just to give me time to fall asleep! Very sweet! So that brings me to last night, Jeremy was studying and I went to bed around 10:00, and that's the last that I remember. I woke up at 5:12 am, and noticed Jeremy's not in the bed, so I decide to get up and check to see where he is. As I open the bedroom door, I hear it click, and I immediately think, Oh crap! I find him in the study studying and asked if he had been to bed, and he said nope, I had locked him out!! He goes on to tell me that he knocked on the door a few times and Macy, our dog, who was in bed with me, even barked at him, and he that tried to pick the lock too. I never budged. Which is really unbelievable b/c I am a really really light sleeper, but last night I was very out of it, obviously! So he wound up on the couch for the night. I have been feeling so bad about it all day, b/c I don't remember locking the door at all, I always remember not to lock it for that reason.

So now I'm sure I won't hear the end of this for a while, and I'll be getting reminded by him for the next few nights to make sure not to lock the door!

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I can't believe no one commented on the hilarity of this post. Oh well.

Corey & Alisha said...

Aww! I am so sorry to Jeremy. I hope you caught up on your sleep.