Thursday, February 28, 2008

Alma Mater

***Update*** The Crossville Lady Lions are the 2008 3A Girls Basketball State Champs!!! Yay!!! My mom and I watched most of the game on the online, and it was a close one down to the very end, they beat Geneva, 55-52. Congrats girls!!!!!

Tonight, for the first time in school history, my alma mater, Crossville, will play in the girls 3A State Championship finals! Yay! I am so thrilled for them! I will admit I haven't seen them play a game all year and have only seen the boys team play once(in the county finals), b/c they were the ones everybody expected to go to state. But as a member of that same team, 10 long years ago, I feel so much excitement for those girls! Crossville teams don't make it to the state finals much in any sport, so this is a really big deal!

And I'm pretty sure nobody around there reads this, except for my mom, but I just really want to wish them GOOD LUCK tonight!!

(And yes I know it's been over a month since I've posted a Sara pic, I am definitely going to try to get some shots of her being cute tonight!)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I didn't know you playd basketball! That is big excitement going to state! My junior year we won state in the 2A division.

kyllie said...

Brooke--Yep, I played basketball from 4th grade all the way through my senior year. That's awesome yall won state, we had some good teams but never quite made it too far! What year did yall win? And who did you play for?

Sunny said...

Congrats on that win! I am sure that you are so proud! I saw the updated score on the 6:00 news. Sounds like it was a great game!

Anonymous said...

Yea... lions....