Wednesday, May 28, 2008

May 2008

So this should basically cover the whole month of May, and as you will see it was/has been a busy month!!

First up is Mother's Day! It was a beautiful day and we had a great time visiting all of our mothers and grandmothers. We started off the weekend by having dinner for Jeremy's Mammaw's birthday, then on Sunday, we had lunch with Jeremy's mom and her mom, and then it was off to my parent's house to go out to eat with my mom, it was a busy day, but very well worth it! And I need to brag on Jeremy for my great Mother's Day gift, which I will technically be getting exactly one month from today. He got me a gift card to Terrame for a massage, pedicure and manicure, and he also SCHEDULED it for me!! This is huge as I am notoriously bad at making time to schedule those types of things for myself, so I am so appreciative that he did that for me. And best of all, he scheduled it for the Saturday before we leave for our beach trip, so I will have pretty fingers and toes to show off :)














Me and my little girl on Mother's Day 2008

The following Sunday I hosted a baby shower for my sister-in-law, Alison, who is expecting their first baby (and my first neice or nephew :) at the end of July! We are all so excited and I know Sara can't wait to have a playmate to get in some trouble with ;)














Here's Sara trying to sneak a peek at some of her new cousin's loot.














The beautitul mommy-to-be!

Next up, my baby brother's graudation! Alex, my youngest brother, graduated last Thursday night, exactly 10 years after me. So weird. And even weirder, in the fall, he will enroll at the University of Alabama. I feel old now. I think regardless of his age, I'm still going see him as the little kid he was when I left for college.














The proud grad.














Wooohooo!!!














My little (Haha!) brothers and I.














Alex and his favorite niece(she really does love him! :)

And here's some new Little Gym pictures. This past Saturday we were able to invite all the grandparents to come along and the kids were going to show off all they've leave. Unfortunately none of the grandparents were able to come, but the great-grandparents were! Jeremy's Nanny and Pappaw were able to come out and watch, and Sara definitely showed off for them.














Shaking her bells for the welcome song.














Her new favorite group activity, the parachute!!















Miss Sarah showing Sara how to bear crawl on the bars.














Kicking the bubbles! She loves to do this, whenever they bring the bubbles out she immediately gets on her back and kicks her feet up.














This week they received gold medals for all their hard work. Here's Sara admiring hers :)














And finally, patting the mat for the goodbye song.

Ok, now we're almost caught up! We spent lots of time in the sun this past weekend for Memorial Day. On Saturday, after Little Gym, we went out to the lake house and spent the rest of the day there, just hanging on the pier, and getting some sun. On Sunday, we had decoration at my parent's church and then a house warming for my cousin. Jeremy and I both had Monday off, so we went out to the lake around lunch and spent some time with his family, and then we went to my aunt's house for a cookout, and Sara got to swim with her cousin Luke. We got in lots of family time this weekend, I got to see a lot my family that I don't get see that often. It was really nice!


















Getting ready for our boat ride at the lake.














Sara was little nervous while we were in the boathouse(she was clawing my neck), but once we took off, she had a great time!














Loving the wind in her hair :)

I'll let these next pictures speak for themselves. I think we are going to have a little fish on our hands this summer, b/c she LOVES the water!!




















Ok, I'm done. Whew! I think we're gonna take it easy this weekend!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

All great pictures! May has been a really busy month for you guys! Sara is adorable as usual, I especially love her outfit at the Little Gym!

Sunny said...

Wow! You guys have been really busy here lately!

That first picture of you and Sara on Mother's Day is so good! I am also happy for your gift. That is awesome that Jeremy did all of that for you!

Brooke said...

Love the pics, especially the one with the hat and life vest. Too cute!! Good updates!

Anonymous said...

been to busy to check out the site.. but you have done a great job...

love nana

Alisha said...

It looks like your summer is off to a great start! I am so impressed that Sara loves the water. I have to beg Will to get in. I am glad to see everything is going so well for you guys! We can't wait to hear if you have a niece or nephew! : )