Friday, May 09, 2008

Sara's First Haircut

So, I finally did it :( It had to be done eventually, and now I guess was no better time than any. And now that I see how much thicker and healthier it looks, I kind of wish I would have done it sooner. I will say I am going to miss the long stringy mess it was just a little bit, but I am so happy with the way it looks. And now I can finally just let it grow and not worry about when I'm gonna have to get it cut and evened up (she had about 4 different layers of growth back there!).

So here is the event documented:














Getting started!!














I was surprised she sat in the chair all by herself, I thought I might have to hold her, but she didn't mind it at all. What did bother her was the cape, after a minute with it on she decided she wanted it off, so that's where the sucker came into play, once we gave her that, it was smooth sailing. :)














The first snips!














Bye Bye Hair!
















TA-DA!














And of course we had to have a photo shoot when we got home :)














View of the back.














Doesn't she look so grown up!?! Definitely not a baby anymore, but a little girl! *tear*

5 comments:

dawn wilson said...

I absolutely loooove it!!!! So cute! I know what you mean about turning into a little girl... it is so hard to accept!!! I make Kaylen pretend to be my baby. She will fake cry and say she is mama's baby. That helps... a little. :)

Jeremy said...

She looks just like her Mommy....a good thing IMO.

Tiffany said...

Oh wow - she looks precious! I love it!

Brooke said...

She looks so sweet! I can't beleive how good she did! If I had taken my kiddos somewhere for their first haircut I don't think it would have gone so well. She gets more and more beautiful every time I see her!!

Sunny said...

Love her new haircut! It really is too cute! She is getting to be so big!