Tuesday, June 17, 2008

One of those days....

Yep, it's one of those. Work is driving me crazy, on top of all the other things I have on my mind, and I'm just sitting here thinking of all the things I would rather be doing, or need to be doing other than what I'm doing here. And Sara seems to be having a hard time lately too, which has also been weighing on me. The past two mornings when I've dropped her off at daycare, she has cried, screamed and clung to me tighter than she ever has, totally breaking my heart. This is so out of character for her, I can count on one hand how many times she has ever cried when I've left her there. She LOVES her teachers, and I just can't figure out what has changed to make her not want to stay there. This morning when I got her out of the car, she wouldn't even walk to the building, so I had to carrying her, crying, inside. The only thing I can think of is separation anxiety, but I just would have thought she would have had some of that by now.

I am really hoping this is just a phase and that it will end very quickly! B/c it's been taking tons of strength for me to just hand her over, crying, and walk out of there and not take her with me. And I do know she's totally fine after I leave, and has a good rest of the day, but the last look I see on her when I leave is tears, and that just sticks with me the rest of the day.

On a lighter note, I have Father's Day pictures to post, but haven't downloaded them off my camera yet, along with others, so they'll definitely be pictures next time!!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

My kids seemed to go through the separation anxiety thing over the course of the first two and a half years. I really hope that this is short lived. It breaks my heart to leave mine when they are crying (even though you know that they will be fine in about 5 minutes).

Tiffany said...

I hope it's just a phase and is over very soon. I know it was SO difficult to leave Audrey when she did that a few months ago.