Sunday, October 26, 2008

An Announcement....

We're expecting baby #2!!! I feel like the word has spread through all our family and lots of our friends, but I haven't officially announced it on the blog yet, mainly just out of hesistaion. But things are going really well, and I've been feeling pretty good for the most part. Morning sickness kicked at about 5 weeks, and the exhaustion has been pretty bad, but now that I'm at the start of the second trimester I can tell I'm starting to get some of my energy back.

We had an ultrasound at 8 weeks(picture to come if I can get a good scan)and got to hear the heartbeat(174 bpm for those interested), and then I had my second appointment last week, and got to hear the heartbeat again(166 bpm), so all is going as it should. And I wasn't sure of my due date until I had the ultrasound, I was thinking maybe the second week of May, but it turned out to be a little earlier, according to the ultrasound it's May 2nd. I already have my BIG U/S scheduled for December, where we're hoping we'll get a peek to see if it's a boy or girl.

We are all thrilled and are looking forward to meeting him or her. And Sara is looking forward to being a big sister and has already been getting in some good practice with baby cousin Will.

We would appreciate any prayers you want to send our way for us and our new addition, and to help get us through the sleepless nights to come, and that we won't go crazy trying to figure out how to handle a toddler and a newborn :)

(Sorry for the bad quality of the picture, I took it with my camera phone the day we told our families.)

9 comments:

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

So excited for you guys! I keep forgetting to ask how you're feeling, but I'm glad it's starting to get better. Can't wait to find out what "it" is. :)

Ashley & Joel said...

We are so happy for ya'll! We will definitly be sending prayers you way.

dawn wilson said...

Yipee!! I am so glad you are feeling better! You really didn't seem to be feeling well the last time I saw you. I have been sick as a dog lately but I am a month behind you so I guess if I can get through the next month... maybe I will survive!!! So glad you are doing so well!

Sunny said...

Yay!!! Congrats to you guys! I love Sara's shirt! I think that she will be a great big sis! We will definitely be praying for you guys and your little baby!

Tiffany said...

So excited for you guys!

Alisha said...

Oh, what exciting news! We are thrilled for you guys. We will be sending prayers your way as you prepare for this new little bundle of joy!

Jason said...

Congratulations!

Stacy said...

What great news! Congratulations!

The Honea Bees said...

Hi Kyllie! I just found your blog through Sunny. I am so glad you were able to come paint last night...I hope you had fun.
You will do fine with a toddler and a newborn. My 2 are 19 months apart and I LOVE it. They will be the best of buds I am sure.
Good luck and I will add you to the prayers!
Nice to have met you last night! Kera