Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our Pumpkin

We're a little late, I know, but it's been a busy week and tonight is the first chance I've had to carve our pumpkin, and this is also the first year that Sara has helped. It's not anything spectacular, and really not all that neat and clean, but it looks good when it's lit up, so that's all that matters!


















This the worst part to me. I hate cleaning out all the slimey stuff and seeds, the scoop does a good job scraping....


















...but not scooping, so I usually just dig it out with my hands, yuck!


















Sara's first time holding pumpkin guts! I'm hoping by next year she'll think it's fun and want to do all the cleaning out for me :)














Also most finished!














And the finished product! Like I said it's not the most neat, but when lit up....
















...it looks pretty good! (sorry it's blurry, my camera does not take good night pictures, or at least I haven't figured out how to do it yet!)

Also, I want to say Thank You to all the well wishes for our new addition! We really appreciate them, and feel so lucky to have such great friends!

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Your pumpkin is cute! I'm sure that Sara loved getting in on the action!

Alisha said...

Your pumpkin looks really neat! Very cute! Will wouldn't touch yucky "guts" for anything.

We had a good time the other night. It was fun hanging out.

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Your pumpkin looks great! Looks like ya'll had fun doing it! I feel bad...we did not even get around to carving pumpkins this year. We were so busy and just didn't feel quite up to it with 3 two year olds. Definitely next year!